Wednesday, August 1, 2012

10 weeks and 4 days...

Sadly, it wasn't meant to be.


After a positive visit with my OB, all appeared to be well, and I was scheduled for an ultrasound in a few days as part of my First Trimester screening. However, later that day I was experiencing some complications (bleeding and cramping). I went in for an emergency ultrasound the next morning, and the sonographer could not detect a heartbeat.


This early, there is no explanation other than the planets, and chromosomes, did not align perfectly.


My doc was also sad, knowing that we had been trying to conceive for a year.  She assured me that her exam revealed nothing that would predict this.  She gave me her private office number to call in the afternoon to let her know I was progressing.  And she also called me the next morning to check on me, and schedule another exam.


Devastated is barely the word appropriate here.  I did *everything* right, I thought.  And I wonder if age is going to make this a hard fought and never won battle.   I curtailed my workouts. For nothing.  My life and the Army afforded me little time to have a marriage, let alone have children.  And I often fear it's too late.


So, all we can do is wait a few months, per my doc's recommendations.  And try again.


Which we will...

1 comment:

  1. I am so very sorry, Krista! An electronic hug will have to do until I see you next!

    ReplyDelete