Friday, July 13, 2012

Week 8!!!

Week 8 is upon us!  Today, our little one is the size of a raspberry!  I (heart) raspberries!

Dave left for Army training on Monday, and thankfully he'll be back before our first appointment.   Although I really wanted to wait until after my first OB/GYN appointment, he really wanted to tell his mom about the pregnancy (which means I had to also tell my mom, dad - and take off the "comment" bar on my FB page so no one spills the beans accidentally!)  So we went to his mom and stepdad's cottage in Webster, and called my mom in Ohio and told them together.  My mother-in-law made a screech in an octave I didn't know existed (which I guess I expected, since she often talks about us having babies!)  My mom was quite excited, too - very happy for us.  And she made the point to tell us that she has 15 weeks of vacation built up!  I guess telling two women who have likely experienced all the highs and lows and nervousness that I'm feeling now, I feel better knowing that they know now.

A few days ago, I went to a "New Moms/First Pregnancy" class at my OB/GYNs.  There were about 3-4 couples there - I was the only one who went solo (and incidentally, I didn't have my wedding band on because my fingers were swollen from working out).  All the other couples were chatting with each other, but overlooked me.  I guess since I was by myself, sans ring, I was the "white trash" of the group - which is stupid.  But oh well.  This baby has a kick-ass dad who is blowing up stuff as a Combat Engineer! :-)

The class was okay - not really anything I didn't already read about in "What To Expect When You're Expecting" (which is a great book!).  I'm not having any morning sickness.  A lot of the stuff I also already knew, I guess...although even though I'm a nurse, I can't seem to recall much about anything I learned in maternity & newborn nursing.  But hopefully I won't screw this up!



Weight Gain?  My weight has been all over the board...all said and done over the past week, I'm up maybe a half pound.
Cravings?  still constantly thirsty, so I'm loving fresh cold fruit.  But things that sounds good to me (like soft pretzels, hot dogs, etc.) usually don't taste all that great once I take a bite.  So I'm trying to not indulge, only to be disappointed.
Stretch Marks?  Nope.
Sickness/nausea? When I'm hungry, I don't feel so great.  But otherwise, no.  Kind of turned off by red meat (maybe because I can't have anything cooked "medium".
Biggest Change? Still waaaaaaay tired.  And some acne, but I purchased ProActive (which is more safe than the Neutrogena stuff I was using)
Maternity clothes?  No.  Everything still fits, although I think I have to invest in bigger bras already.
Sleep? Not sleeping all that great.  But that goes along with working night shift right now.  So I nap a lot.
What is Daddy doing?  He's at Fort Drum for two weeks at Army Training.
What I miss the most?  Sushi and wine
Movement? Nope.
What I look forward to?  My first OB/GYN appointment, so I can share with everyone!
Exercise?  A little.  Again, I've been really tired.  I need to get back into the game!


No comments:

Post a Comment