Monday, March 28, 2011

Sehgahunda Training/Familiarization Run #1 by krista.a.englert at Garmin Connect - Details

Sehgahunda Training/Familiarization Run #1 by krista.a.englert at Garmin Connect - Details

No thanks to the server issues on Garmin Connect, here is a delayed profile of my run yesterday along the Finger Lakes Trail in Letchworth State Park.  This route was the first leg of the Sehgahunda Trail Marathon - 6.1 miles one way, and this is the easiest leg of the course (which is all relative, though!)

We were met with a good snow base, which made it soft but also made it hard to get a good grip to toe off and maintain an easy stride.  But I guess training in conditions harder than that of the race is a good thing.

I did the out-and-back route.  The first three miles were excruciating, as my right ankle was fighting to remain stable and was losing.  It eventually loosened up and I got a second wind.

For the run back to the starting point, I kind of lolly-gaggled and took pictures along the way.









No comments:

Post a Comment