Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Wait for it. Waaaaaaait for it...

The past week or so of running for me has been spot-frikkin'-on.  Which is scary.

A quick recap:
1)  The "'Dam' Good Trail Race" on the 21st, while wasn't stellar for me in the finishing order, was a breakthrough for me in trail running.  Speed is getting up there, but I remained upright and felt good the entire race.

2)  The "Time to Sperr" 10k, held annually in honor of NY State Trooper Andrew Sperr, was a PR for me.  I felt good until the last mile (which really wasn't that horrible) and cruised in at 57:26



My trail run for "Salomon Sunday", albeit not a really technical one, felt really good, even after a race day.  But then again I was a back-of-the-packer to make sure we didn't lose anyone.



Speed workout yesterday felt just okay, but I got it done.

So....what could go wrong?  In the three years I've been running, something always gets messed up just then things get good.  But my knees are feeling okay, I'm not having any major aches or pains except for sore arches when I wake in the morning (which don't cause me problems during a run).

I have three days of working nights this week (somehow I drew the "screw you" lottery ticket with that)...which is great for orientation, but I'm not getting savvy to the business of day shift with all the rounding, attendees and chiefs barking questions while you're trying to suction out a tracheostomy, etc.

I have two more runs to get in this week before the Summerfest 12k on Saturday...

Oh yeah, that's where it might go wrong.

I "accidentally" scheduled this race, forgetting that I don't get off work until 7:30AM.  Race is at 9AM.  Let's just hope my face-plant happens after the finish line.  Obviously I'm not expecting anything crazy-wonderful with this race, although I am anxious to see just how my body responds on no sleep.

Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment